Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Cabin in the Woods

Sorry for the brief hiatus. I can now say majoring in Information Systems is probably not the smartest decision I've made in my life. While I was away, I did get an opportunity to see a few movies. The first (because it is motherfreakin awesome) is The Cabin in the Woods.


It is so rare to see a movie that is actually original and entertaining. Unless you have Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard writing and directing it. I already know this movie isn't everyone's cup of tea. I will say we can all agree this had the best marketing strategy I've ever seen. The previews showed the bare minimum and any plot descriptions were general. Also it had the balls to say it was just like Shaun of the Dead or Evil Dead. That right there made me not want to see it.

Thank god I thought twice.

Holy crap, this is one of the best horror movies I've seen in the last 5 years. Typical plot with an atypical result. And...that's all I can tell you. Yet another movie where if you dive fully into the plot it gives everything away. I'm not going to do that to something this perfect. I've seen it 3 times in a week. I didn't even do that for The Dark Knight. I'm more than happy to give this 5/5. Trust me, folks. Go see it now. You'll thank me later.

1 comment:

  1. cabin in the woods, eh? thank you for this recommendation!! : )

    ReplyDelete