Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rango


It took me forever to watch this. I love Johnny Depp, but the guy is in damn near everything. When I heard he was doing yet another children's film, I didn't exactly rush to see it. Rango is a comedy western about a pet chameleon that ends up in the desert, and must find his true identity while saving the dying town of Dirt. I am aware of how dumb that sounds, but just hear me out. It's not all that bad. It's actually funny, the voice acting is great, and I was entertained. There is one major problem. This was marketed as a kid's movie. The dialog and subject matter is around the PG-13 and sometimes R range.

I don't believe in sheltering a child. But murder, suicide, sexual innuendo, and a major identity crisis? And an almost 2 hour run time? I think that's a bit too much for kids to handle. That being said, I think this is a great movie...for those that are 13 and up. I give it a 4 out of 5. It's different without trying too hard, and also has a cast of characters that are both funny and memorable. Give it a one time watch, but I think really young kids should skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment