Monday, September 23, 2013

Riddick



I don't remember the first two movies that involved Riddick. I know he was a character in Pitch Black, and that The Chronicles of Riddick lead to the best nap I ever had. So, when I heard they were making yet another movie, I wasn't expecting anything great. Maybe some action and lots of boobs, but that's it. I'm happy to say that the third time's the charm. I really liked it. It's not perfect, but it was funny and actually engaging. The plot is Riddick sends a distress call, and two different crews answer. There's also a hefty bounty for whoever captures him dead. Then chaos naturally ensues.

The acting is a bit cheesy at times, but still convincing. The dialog is what surprised me the most. I thought it was going to be flat, boring, and stiff. There's actually quite a bit of comedic relief, but it fits. And the action scenes and gore are absolutely bloody and brutal, which I loved. I give this a 4 out of 5. I'm sure this was meant to be taken seriously, but it was funny as hell to me. I say go see it in theaters. It's definitely worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment