Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Avengers



Yeah... You knew it was coming. This is one of the biggest movies of the year/all time, so of course I had to go see it. What can I say about it that hasn't already been said? It's just a good, entertaining and action-packed film. The only things that might be considered flaws are that this is definitely a comic book movie, and the plot is a little simple. If I were to dive into why those are flaws, I'd just be nitpicking and I know I already do quite enough of that.

I will say that I grew up with DC Comics, so I'm not as familiar with The Avengers as I would like to be. But, thankfully you don't need previous knowledge of all the characters to understand everything. It's also hilarious. Each actor holds their own, and they don't overdo it. The action scenes are unbelievable. I really don't know what else to say.

Now, if you've read any of my previous posts, you don't I have absolutely no problem picking a movie apart piece by piece. I can't do that here. Is it 100% perfect? No, but no movie is. I feel that any minor details can be overlooked because holy hell this movie is awesome. I give it 5/5. Go see it. Go see it more than once, actually. We won't have another movie this good until The Dark Knight Rises comes out. I say enjoy it and fully appreciate it. They just don't make movies as good as they used to, but this is a pleasant exception.

1 comment:

  1. It seemed like the plot was purposefully quite straight forward so he could set up all the group dynamics, which was a good move I thought! It was quite clever to have them mainly fighting one another for most of the film.


    Oh, and I'm so glad it's not one those films were every good guy ends up paired up with a bad guy in some big final scene in which everyone is fighting! That really is the worst.

    ReplyDelete